PHONE AND CALL HANDLING
Instruction in this article is intended to be non-phone specific. Therefore it speaks of functions rather than buttons and soft-keys, and it will avoid detailed reference to specific phone’s display elements. This article’s purpose is to give you direction on how to perform certain general phone operations without referring to the specifics of individual phone interfaces.
PLACING A CALL
You can place a call using your phone over the handset, speakerphone, or headset.
To make a call using a handset - simply pick up the handset and dial the number. You may also be able to dial first, then pick up the handset.
To make a call using the speakerphone - with the handset on-hook, then press the speakerphone function. Once you have a dial tone, you can then dial the number.
To make a call using a headset - press the New Call function. Once you have a dial tone, you can then dial the number.
During a call, you can alternate between Speakerphone, Headset, or Handset modes by pressing the appropriate functions or picking up the handset.
The name of the called party is displayed in the active window on the call screen. The call duration of active calls is also visible on the call screen.
ANSWERING A CALL
- When not in another call, answering a call is as simple as picking up the handset, or pressing the Speakerphone function if you wish to communicate via speakerphone, or pressing the Answer Call function if you wish to communicate via
- When in another call, and a call comes in it will likely be indicated by a call waiting tone and a flashing signal on the incoming call’s corresponding line There should also be incoming call information in your phone’s screen.
- Press the Hold
- Find the incoming call’s corresponding line key function and press
- Or select the call via the phone’s screen interface and press the Answer Call To reject an incoming call, press the Silence or Reject function.
ENDING A CALL
Do one of the following:
- If you are using the handset, press the End Call function or replace the
- If you are using a headset, press the Headset
- If you are using the speakerphone, press the Speakerphone
- Press the line key associated with the call (if this behavior has been configured by your system administrator).
To redial the last-placed call from your phone press the Redial function.
During a call press the Hold function to place the call on hold. To retrieve the call press the Hold or Resume function.
If multiple calls are on hold select the call you wish to retrieve by navigating the Phone’s screen or by selecting the corresponding call’s line key function and pressing the Hold or Resume function.
FORWARDING A CALL
Call Forwarding is the phone’s ability to direct a call to another party. It comes in two flavors. This feature is typically local to the phone and maybe overridden by call server settings. For more information, contact your system administrator.
You can configure your phone to forward all incoming calls.
- Select the Forward
- If multiple lines are configured for your phone, select or enter the line you wish to have calls forwarded
- Select the forwarding type:
- Always - All incoming calls will be
- No Answer - Only unanswered calls will be
- Busy - Forward calls that come in while you are in another
- Enter a number for where to forwards If you selected No Answer, then you may also be prompted to enter the number of rings to allow before the call gets forwarded.
You can forward calls as your phone is ringing.
- When the phone rings, press the Forward function.
- Enter a number for where to forward the incoming
- Press the Enable