Source Network Address Translation (source-nat or SNAT) allows traffic from a private network to go out to the internet. The gateway has one arm on the public network and as part of SNAT, it replaces the source IP of the originating packet with its own public side IP, enabling for a secure environment.
To configure SourceNat with your Simplifi please follow the below steps;
- Ensure you are connected to the Simplifi device either via WiFi or LAN cable
- Open a internet browser and enter 192.168.10.1 or in the event this doesn’t work, you can enter 192.168.2.1 which will work on either WiFi or LAN connection
- Username - Simplifi
- Password - found on the back of your device or on the label found on the packaging box
- Click Login > Firewall >> Traffic Rules
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and edit your new Source NAT information and click Add and edit.
- Click Save