The firewall creates zones over your network interfaces to control network traffic flow. While this doesn’t prioritize traffic it allows inbound or outbound traffic to transfer and either accepts or rejects the data. Setting up a Firewall Zone could be intensive and does require the knowledge your Network or IT professional.
To setup a Network Zone;
- Ensure you are connected to the Simplifi device either via WiFi or LAN cable
- Open a internet browser and enter 192.168.10.1 or in the event this doesn’t work, you can enter 192.168.2.1 which will work on either WiFi or LAN connection
- Username - Simplifi
- Password - found on the back of your device or on the label found on the packaging box
- Click Login > Firewall >> Zone
- Configure your General Settings by clicking the appropriate checkboxes and drop down menus.
- Configure your LAN or WAN zones by selecting the appropriate dropdown selections and click edit / delete or add
- Click Save