The following instructions to guide you through the process of enabling and/or disabling specific codec in your Yealink base station and cordless handsets.
- Log into your phones GUI using the instruction found here.
- Navigate to the Status tab at the top of the page.
- Click Handsets&VoIP in the left hand menu
- From the table at the bottom of the page, note the active accounts for this base station.
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- Click the Codec left hand menu.
- Choose the Account to edit from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- As noted in step 2. b.
- Highlight the applicable Codec and move it to the desired table by clicking the left or right arrow
For example: if you need to disable the G722 codec, highlight that codec in the Enable Codecs table, then click the left arrow to move it into the Disable Codecs table.
Note: The PCMU and PCMA codecs are the same as G711u and G711
- Click Confirm.
- Repeat step 3. b. for each Account (as noted in step 2. b.).