Changing your WiFi Password prevents unauthorized connections to your wireless network.
The WiFi Password must be a minimum of 8 characters and can be alphanumeric. While not recommended you can also remove the password creating a open network.
Simplifi comes preprogrammed with a WiFi Password which is located on the back of the device or on the box label. To change this default password, perform the below steps
- Ensure you are connected to the Simplifi device either via WiFi or LAN cable
- Open a internet browser and enter 192.168.2.1
- Username - Simplifi
- Password - found on the back of your device or on the label found on the packaging box
- Click Login
- Network > Wireless >> Edit
- Scroll down to the "Key" field under the Interface Configuration section
- Highlight and delete the existing key and retype your intended key or password. If you are unsure of the letters click on the arrow circle next to the field to show the key.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click save.