SSID is the acronym for Service Set Identifier. Mostly, an SSID is the equivalent of the name that is broadcasted for a Wi-Fi network
Your device comes pre-configured with a WiFi SSID of Simplifi-XXXX (the X’s indicate 4 numbers). You can change this SSID to be consistent with your network naming convention or individual taste. Please follow below steps to customize your SSID;
- Ensure you are connected to the Simplifi device either via WiFi or LAN cable
- Open a internet browser and enter 192.168.10.1 or in the event this doesn’t work, you can enter 192.168.2.1 which will work on either WiFi or LAN connection
- Username - Simplifi
- Password - found on the back of your device or on the label found on the packaging box
- Click Login > Network >> Wireless >>> Edit
- You can also click on the blue SSID on the bottom of the Status Homepage
- Scroll down to the ESSID field where you see your current SSID name.
- Highlight your existing name and retype or delete and type your intended network name.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save
- The page will refresh and take you back to the Wireless Overview page