The benefit of setting a hostname in your router is to properly identify the device on a network as opposed to seeing a IP Address. This has little impact on your user settings, configurations, etc and is commonly used in complex network environments.
To setup a hostname, please follow the below steps;
- Ensure you are connected to the Simplifi device either via WiFi or LAN cable
- Open a internet browser and enter 192.168.10.1 or in the event this doesn’t work, you can enter 192.168.2.1 which will work on either WiFi or LAN connection
- Username - Simplifi
- Password - found on the back of your device or on the label found on the packaging box
- Click Login > Network >> Hostnames
- Here you can add, or delete hostnames.
- To add a hostname click “Add” and enter in the hostname you’d like and the IP address of the device.
- Click Save