Instructions for configuring the Simplifi Auto-Provisioning TFPT server path in a Grandstream HT series ATA
To begin, be sure the ATA is powered on and connected to the network. If necessary, factory default the device before beginning to ensure no conflicting data will be left over.
- Verify the device has been added to your Simplifi Core platform by navigating to VoIP > Devices.
- If it has not yet been added, contact a Simplifi representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the request to add a new device. Be sure to include the MAC Address of the device.
- Plug an analog phone into port 1
- After the unit is done booting and all the lights are green, pick up the handset and dial ***, then "02" at the menu prompt. This will give you the LAN IP address of the ATA.
- Navigate to that IP address using a computer that is on the same subnet as the ATA. The default password is "admin"
- In the GUI:
- Navigate to Advanced Settings
- Select TFTP as the "Upgrade Via"
- Enter "p.contactsimplifi.net" in the "Firmware Server Path"
- Enter "p.contactsimplifi.net" in the "Config Server Path"
- Click 'Apply', then 'Reboot'.
Tip: Some browsers will require you to remove leading zero's ( 0 's ) in the IP address. For example if you heard "192.168.001.010" you should change this to "192.168.1.10".
Note 1: The configuration file will change the default GUI password to the provisioning server password for the account.
Note 2: Certain firmware versions will make you press the Update Button after you apply your changes