Firmware is the code that is embedded into a hardware device that controls how it works. SIMPLIFI recommends that you update the firmware on your SIMPLIFI whenever new firmware becomes available. Some reasons new firmware might be developed are if bugs are found, a new feature has been added, or most importantly, to patch up any security vulnerabilities that were discovered.
Your device comes pre-loaded with the latest Firmware, however it is a good idea to check to make sure you have the latest firmware during your usage. To update and/or verify the Firmware level;
- Ensure you are connected to the Simplifi device either via WiFi or LAN cable
- Open a internet browser and enter 192.168.10.1 or in the event this doesn’t work, you can enter 192.168.2.1 which will work on either WiFi or LAN connection
- Username - Simplifi
- Password - found on the back of your device or on the label found on the packaging box
- Click Login > System >>Firmware Update
- Click on “Browse”.
- A window will display allowing you to select the firmware image.
- Click “Flash Firmware” once you have selected the image file.
- This will refresh the page reading the binary image of the Firmware File
- Click “Proceed”
- This will refresh the page with a “System – Updating Firmware” window.
- The Firmware update process may take upwards of 10 minutes depending on your internet signal and speed.
While the firmware is being updated, your device will reboot causing you to lose connectivity to your network. After you see a solid green lights under the Status LED, it is recommend to reconnect to your network and login to the GUI and ensure your Firmware was updated.
Performing a Firmware update will keep all previous settings such as customer SSID, passwords and related. The only time these values are changed is during a factory reset.